Thursday, March 20, 2014

#tbt

It's my favorite time of the week, everyone! #Throwbackthursday. While I'm sitting in my cubicle loving the view of Stinker and Hubs' pictures I have everywhere there is one view I am missing today.... A HAWAIIAN VIEW! Hubs and I went to Hawaii in April 2012 for our honeymoon. While I hate the flight I threw 2 major tantrums in air on the way back I did love Honolulu, world famous Waikiki Beach, Hilton Hawaiian Village and most importantly a romantic week long trip with my hubs. Seriously, if there are any families, couples, or single gals looking to book a trip, look at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It was amazing. I shopped daily there and we never had to leave the resort for any meal. I am dreaming about it right now. Ladies- there were luxury stores on site such as Louis Vuitton! We were just a half mile away from a great shopping and restaurant strip in Honolulu, I referred to it as Honolulu Rodeo Dr. Of course we saw Pearl Harbor and paid our respects to the men who lost their lives for our country but other than that we were resort bums and LOVED every minute of it. Hawaii was magical and I can't wait to escape there with Hubs for our 5 year anniversary (it's in our 5 year plan... if I keep saying it will happen it will.. just let me think that :)). Anyways, enjoy the pics as I sit here and day dream about the Hawaiian air from my Kentucky cubicle. 
This was the night of the Luau at the Hilton Hawaiian 
Village :)


There were beautiful rainbows all over Hawaii. This was at
Pearl Harbor.

You all.. .I present you Hilton Hawaiian 
Village. Take in all the beauty!

My stud muffin of a hubby. He's the best.

These precious penguins were at our hotel.
We saw them daily while walking to the beach!

How amazing are these trees?!

Part of the USS Arizona. It is still leaking oil to this day.

The memorial over the USS Arizona.

The USS Arizona memorial. I can't really explain how sad
Pearl Harbor actually is. I felt weird smiling in pictures there. 
It's a very somber place, the magnitude of death and hurt is still
felt today. I haven't had a chance to go to Ground Zero yet, but I 
imagine it's the same feeling. I am honored as an American and
a history lover to have been able to go to Pearl Harbor. 

Side note: Hilton Hawaiian Village hasn't paid me a dime or offered me anything for this post. I really was just that in love with it! Again if you're planing a trip to Oahu, I can't stress how much I love it! Hilton Hawaiian Village

No comments:

Post a Comment