Tuesday, March 4, 2014

New York Trip!

So I didn't have a chance to blog about my trip to New York much other than to let you all know about the brutal drive. It was so amazing to get to spend time with the step family and my dad. It is so hard having my family literally scattered across the North East! My dad moved to New York and married my step mom about 5 years ago (it's almost their 4 year anni!) and since then I haven't been able to get up there as much as I like. It's very hard because it's a constant balancing act between going to Maryland to see my Gram, cousins, aunts and uncles in Maryland and getting up to New York to see my dad. The other problem is that traveling Upstate gets to be a road hazard roughly November- mid- March. (again see my brutal drive post). 

Needless to say, I got some much needed family time and Harper finally got to meet her 2 uncles and see her Grandma Karin, Grandpa and Aunt Lydia again. We went out to eat, watched lots of movies (Dallas Buyers Club is all it was cracked up to be!) talked, and I even went to a sports bar to watch Cuse LOSE to Duke! It was a great trip. Way, way, way too short, but much needed. Today, I'm sitting here missing my dad and wishing I could be up in New York, or better yet, somewhere warm with my whole family together!! Here are some pics I had my step sister send me! (I was horrible about taking pictures!) 

Grandpa and Harper!

Aunt Lydia and Harper!



It's exhausting being so cute!

The trip was perfect and I can't wait to head back up!!! Miss you all Cross- Smith family!

No comments:

Post a Comment