Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Grateful

So last night I made this my facebook status: "I'm always tired, constantly covered in baby goop, and usually don't have time to blow dry my hair. That being said, I have a beautiful, smart, and healthy baby girl that I would do anything for and a husband that has embraced my new sweatpants wardrobe. I've definitely hit the jackpot in being blessed."

Everything about this status is true. I neglected to mention; I haven't dusted in I don't know how long, I only spot clean my house now, and I often opt to spend time with my little family during the week instead of doing dishes. The laundry is piling up (both clean and dirty) but I am so happy I could care less. 

Welcome to parenthood, readers. I would love to have a spotless house, I often envy the pictures I see on Instagram and FB of peoples' beautiful houses while I have a list of important things I would like to get done. Spring cleaning and de-cluttering desperately need to happen in my house, but I keep putting it off. And wouldn't you? When your baby girl wants to be by your side and play with you, cleaning can wait. I personally am so happy living in my den of clutter with my little family. 

Yesterday I saw this article about a baby, a nine month old little boy, who can't open his mouth. Doctors are baffled by this poor little boy and my heart broke. I have this amazing, healthy little girl at home and I sometimes worry about what people will think of our house or what we have? That is so dumb. So yes, my house is a mess, I drive a Honda, my clothes are usually discounted and messy looking (I do clean up nicely), I rarely dress for my husband (he insists he loves my sweats), my kid sometimes stays up all night, and I couldn't be happier. To say that I am so grateful for this life is an understatement. I am so blessed and happy. 

One day I'll get our house presentable. I probably should sooner rather than later since Stinks is mobile. But for now, I'll just keep looking at those pictures of clean houses and compare them to my little clutter castle and smile. Our house is lived in, it's a home, and the stories the walls could tell are enough for me. 

I'm stepping off the soap box for now. I just want other mommies to see this and realize that as long as our babies are being loved, cared for, and are happy we can't be doing a bad job. A lot of us are taking on 2 full time jobs and when we come home after being away from our babies all day, it's perfectly fine to neglect folding that dryer full of clothes for some snuggles. Folding clothes, having to clean, and doing dishes will ALWAYS be there, the time our kids want us around all the time will be gone before we know it. Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment