Wednesday, February 12, 2014

So... How did I get here?

So over the past few months the past 2 years if I'm being completely honest have been pretty crazy for me. So crazy in fact I decided I needed to face the obvious and start writing them down! This first post is to give just a little insight into what this blog will chronicle... my wonderful, crazy, hectic and often times messy life! So let's jump in!!

Almost 2 years ago I married the man of my dreams. We had dated about 8 years before we jumped the broom so there was no surprise that we were getting married. It still remains in my top 5 favorite things. Realistically, it's number 2 just behind having our amazing daughter (but that's jumping the gun just a little, we'll get more to her in a hot sec!)

This is us on our wedding day:
April 14, 2012
We had an amazing wedding with some of our closest friends and family members in attendance. Our fairy tale began and we hopped a plane to Hawaii for our honeymoon and returned back to Lexington where reality hit us... HARD. See I had been substituting at a local school, trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life and funds were starting to dwindle because of pesky student loan payments. {Guys, education is incredibly important but DO NOT take more money than necessary... you'll be paying off loans until you're 100.} I spent the rest of the summer trying to plunge myself into the real world and landed my current job at a local university. I love my job. I can't say enough great things about the people I work with and my boss. It truly is the best ever.

A few months into my job Hubs and I got the best surprise ever.

That's right people, Baby K was due to arrive
August 2013!


Now I'm not saying I was going to be on an episode of "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" BUT I was about 2 months in before I found out. To spare you all of a long story, we were completely shocked I was as far along as I was but over the MOON excited. We spent our first year married planning for sweet Baby K (Harper Maryann now that she's born and a girl). It was pretty fantastic. I continued to get bigger and bigger and more and more uncomfortable until August 19th rolled around....
Boo Bear came into our world August 20th right
after 3 am :)

August 20th was easily the best day of my life... like I said earlier :). This little face has completely changed my life for the best. Hubs and I would spend our Friday or Saturday nights out with friends and now opt to hang out with Stinker Bugs and cuddle. You would think with the almost banishment of our social life our world would calm down but it has become just the opposite. Boo Bear, Stinks, Goof and sometimes ButtHead  has rocked our lives. We couldn't be happier but the stories we're creating are too great to not share! Welcome to the blog!!



No comments:

Post a Comment