Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm in a New York State of Mind

Rochester that is... This is the first road trip Harper and I will be making sans Hubs. Wish me/ us luck. We're going to see my dad, step mom and step sibs in good ol' Rochester, NY. You all... Upstate doesn't even begin to explain it. I'm literally flirting with the Canadian border this weekend. My sis and I will once again be road trip buddies and she'll be my co-pilot/ Harper entertainer while I schlep us up to NY in the Accord. This will be a sight to see. On the upside, I get to see my dad, Harper gets to see her grandparents. I get to escape Lexington for a little and my sis will get to dance to JT in Buffalo Saturday night! 
This is my dad with Harper at Christmas. She is 
very distracted by his loud shirt. 

My sis and Harper. Road Trip buddies.

I think the thing I'm most excited about is the actual trip. One thing you should know about me is that I am a total hotel hoe. I love to sleep at hotels, inns, motels not really but give this girl a night at the Holiday Inn and I will be ridiculously excited. We are stopping half way tomorrow to stay at a hotel and make the 10 hour trip a little easier. I'm also pumped to road trip with Sis because we have a set group of songs we sing together. American Idol season 6000 winners. As exhausting as this trip is going to be, I couldn't be more excited to go. I am horrible about getting up to NY to see my dad as I often opt to go to Maryland to see my family up there any chance I have (post coming up soon about them). Family really is my life. If I could have us all in one place, I would. It's a pain in the ass having everyone spread out!!

Sorry this post was so boring! I can't lie, I did this one for my own selfish purposes more than anything else. I promise to write a good story about me for you all to laugh at. I'll leave you with this Katie Blunder: I thought giraffes were 48 feet tall. Have a great rest of the week. I won't be able to blog until I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment